Morehead Chapel was organized in 1888, and a church building erected on a track of land donated by the Morehead family. The building was located on what is now Highway 220 North and served as a church meeting place for thirty-seven (37) years.
In 1925, the church bought the Piney Grove School building on Horse Pen Creek Road and used it as a sanctuary for forty-five (45) years. In December 1969, construction of the present sanctuary began and was completed in June 1970.
Joyner Memorial Methodist Church was established in 1915 in memory of the Reverend Peter H. Joyner by his wife, Emma White Joyner. It was located on what is now Old Battleground Road. On June 1, 1970, Joyner Memorial and Morehead Church were officially merged by the conference to become Morehead United Methodist Church.
On January 22, 2006, the Clay and Blanche Walker Fellowship Hall, a new kitchen, a gathering area and an atrium were consecrated in memory of the Walkers, whose generous bequest to Morehead made our new additions possible.
On August 27, 2007 we were very excited to open a new lower level education wing with seven new classrooms for our expanding Sunday School program!